We offer practical and comprehensive emergency preparedness and disaster management services and training for families, schools, organizations, businesses, First Nations, and communities. Services include (but not limited to) presentations, workshops, consultations, and assessments.
Disaster management is a multi-disciplinary industry — many services are interlinked and can be combined or developed based on your needs and objectives. Every project is unique.
See below for specific services for families
Support and Guidance – Disaster Risk Reduction – Operational Resilience
Consultations are available for businesses, organizations, and First Nation communities. We provide practical guidance on how to …
• Integrate disaster management strategies to reduce risk, loss, and improve resilience
• Develop or improve employee and community emergency preparedness programs
• Stock adequate emergency preparedness supplies based on your operations, staff, location, and risks.
• Capture knowledge, experience, and lessons learned and integrate them into your plans and practice
• Access tailor-made solutions for your specific needs, including qualitative and quantitative research on various aspects of disasters and emergency management
Assessments, Strategy Development, and Implementation
A comprehensive assessment is the most important part of ensuring a successful program. We start by an evaluation for various elements of disaster and climate change resilience. Then, we develop the most suitable strategies by integrating your needs, objectives, capacity, risks, vulnerability, and cultural considerations. Examples of such projects might include:
• Assessing knowledge, attitudes, practices, progress, and preparedness
• Exploring challenges and solutions regarding essential needs for food, water, shelter, and health
• Identifying capacity, vulnerability, and challenges
• Assessing your emergency preparedness public education program, and offering evidenced-based public education techniques to motivate action, improve awareness, and increase resilience
• Fostering capacity to collaborate and share knowledge with key stakeholders, such as global alliance, government, First Nations, the private sector, academia, and the general public, for greater impact and a collective ability to manage the growing frequency and intensity of disasters
We offer practical emergency preparedness guidance to help protect your family from any type of disaster. Clients gain confidence and peace of mind knowing that their family is protected. Consultations are conducted in the client’s home to ensure support is tailored to your family, home, location, and risks.
• Guidance to ensure that your family’s needs for food, water, and shelter will be met
• Suggestions on how to maintain communications with your family during an emergency
• Advice on how to reconnect with your family after a disaster
• Tools to help you be prepared for what to do before, during, and after an emergency
• Guidance to protect your family’s health and your home from damage
• Suggestions on how to shelter in place or evacuate
• Assistance to tailor your plan and supplies to your specific daily living routine and needs
• Tools to prepare and protect your pet for a disaster
• Help to know what essential supplies are needed in your emergency kit
• Advice on how to return home safely after a disaster
Contact us about our in-home consultations.